[Ti] AOL only does HTML

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 9 08:02:11 PDT 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 10:40  AM, PaulaTx1 at aol.com wrote:

> Is loyalty bias a sin? Explain how my loyalty to AOL is a sin  but my
> loyalty to Macinstosh is a virtue. I use AOL for the same reason I use
> Macs...I get the most computing power for my needs   for my time and
> money.  And, no, I do not "often" post to this list about AOL because
> it tends to generate lots of AOL bashing emails, often rude,  directly
> privately to my mail box that I really dont' care to read.  I
> generally only bother to post when misinformation is not corrected.

Well that is not very nice, there is no need of it. Just because AOL
doesn't fit my  needs completely doesn't mean you should get hate mail!
But, there are a  lot of computing "snobs" even in the Mac world. AOL
isn't for everyone but for my 80 year old parents it gave them an easy
way to connect and send mail and opened up a whole new world for them.
I slowly weaned them off due to the price, and now they use IE...

For me it's not practical but as I said, I might even give AOL
Communicator a try to manage my domain mail since Mail.app (even though
I too am a loyal Apple user) is probably one of the worst email clients
I've ever used.