Ti500 kernel panic

Milan Kalus milankalus at qwest.net
Wed Oct 15 09:06:02 PDT 2003

Just happened yesterday with my Ti 500, OSX 10.2.8. I haven't resolved
the problem but am following the protocol of Apple info.

My Ti500 crashed after Palm device and iSync transport during startup.
I got grey screen with broken apple ikon, prohibitory sign, probably
kernel panic. Following Apple info titled "Prohibitory sign" I went to
"Throubleshooting and resolving" and all the points #1-7 failed
including trying to startup by holding shift key or command-S key. I
rebuilt directory with Disk Warrior 2.1.1. Drive 10 1.1.2 shows no
hardware or volume directory problems. I completed defragmentation
using Drive 10. Next step is to reinstall Mac OSX according to
instructions.

Is my procedure correct? Do you have a hunch what the problem could be?
Is there another solution?

Sincerely,

Milan