[Ti] iTunes for Windows is out

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Sun Oct 19 12:27:22 PDT 2003

On 10/19/03 2:08 PM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> wrote:

> All I said was  - with the "killer Mac Apps" being ported to
> Windows,

There is *one* app, crucial to Apple's future in the song selling business
and perhaps to iPod sales, that is being ported.

You saying, "with the "killer Mac Apps" being ported to Windows" is ring an
alarm bell with facts not in evidence.

There is *no* indication from Apple that they have *any* intention of
porting anything else.

> All I'm saying here is that the future Mac OS' (s) should be created in
> such a way that they would be able to run ALL Windoze programs,

Not possible. OS X is a Unix based system. Windows is Windows.

> thus
> giving US, the loyal Mac user community the same advantage that the PC
> users have. You want to tell us that it is an unreasonable wish, or that
> it can't be done?

Yes to both.

> Well - I have faith in Apple - this is just my wish(ful) thinking...for
> whatever it's worth, for a better, more prosperous Apple - to benefit us
> all.

And Apple is doing that as we speak - without requiring that *every* piece
of Windows software runs on the Mac.

Shawn King
This week on Your Mac Life
Matador Records, Chris Breen