Sound-Line In

George Rothrock grafzepp at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 16:00:36 PDT 2003

Hi, Tim,
I don't know about the voice-to-print question, but yes, I have used
the iMic/Powerwave to input audio from a cassette deck.
1. attach iMic USB
2. set System prefs/sound/input to iMic
3. set iMic to LINE level
4. Hook tape out to iMic in - you'll need an RCA to mini pin cable (I
have used a male-male mini-pin and ran the headphone plug to the iMic)
5. launch software and go [here is where you would need to know about
your Voice Recog Software]

I believe iMic comes with a package called Final Vinyl, which can be
used to capture the tape deck (and it even has the RIIA phonograph
curve, so you can attach a record player without a receiver). I think
the files are standard AIFF or wav, so they are standard (meaning you
can import them into other apps, like maybe a voice recog program).
grafzepp at mac.com
TiPb 1ghz  1gram 30ghd
SpDr  AP  10.2.6