[Ti] bad luck with power adapter

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 22 12:35:26 PDT 2003

on 03/10/21 13:52, Justin R. Miller at incanus at codesorcery.net wrote:

> Anyone else see this a lot?  Or have suggestions?  Thanks for any leads.

This problem is not unique to the Powerbook G4 and not unique to Apple, were
it not for the fact that we typically use our powerbooks a lot more than
people on the Dark Side.  Wires on laptop power adapters are abused from
being daily squeezed into a case, which is then thrown around and possibly
subject to vibration and abrasion during commuting (especially if you
commute by bicycle, as I do).

First suggestion is to be very careful, and keep your adapter in a special,
padded, hard-shell sub-case.  A more practical solution for heavy users is
to buy two more adpaters so you'll have three.  Keep one at home, one at
your day-job-cubicle, and one in a protected section of your carrying case,
for use in other locations.

They're cheap compared to the price of your powerbook.  I have had no
problems since figured this out and started using three adapters a few years
ago.  You either buy them now, or buy them later (and risk being unable to
compute for a few days).