[Ti] PPP Modem Init

Jason Tertadian haiku23 at mac.com
Thu Oct 23 17:44:25 PDT 2003

Loren ...

The modem scripts are located in /Library/Modem Scripts.

Locate the one that corresponds to your selected modem and edit it in BBedit or TextEdit.
The actual modification of these files is tricky so I'd recommend working with a copy of the original.

There's a big block of text at the beginning of the file that's commented out with exclamation points.  Under that block look for a section that starts with a line containing "@LABEL 2."  A few lines below that is a line that starts with "write."  This line is where you want to put your init string.  It should be inserted after the "AT" and before the "\13."

In my case, since I have a v.92 US Robotics my line in the file looks like this:

    write "AT&F1S11=5 +PIG=1 +PMH=1 +PQC=3\13"13

(You'll notice the same S11 command in there that you're trying to use.  I have mine set to 5ms so it dials super fast.)

Apple actually has a doc posted on their Knowledge Base about the modification of init strings.  It's article 42657.

Let me know if this helped at all.
... jsn