[Ti] PB G4 400 MHz needs new logic board HELP

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sat Oct 25 09:11:07 PDT 2003

On Saturday, October 25, 2003, at 05:02  pm, LookInsideMyHead at aol.com
wrote:

> Ok I won't rant just I am frustrated and feel apple should take some
> of the
> responsibility for fixing this as the plugging in of a firewire digi
> cam or
> external HD shouldn't short the whole computer out like it has.

Is your computer still working?

When this happened to me the computer worked fine, was just the
Firewire port that was dead.

this happened to me during my AppleCare period, and i was happy with
the way that Apple handled the problem.

They replaced the "logic board" with a newer version (was standard in
the later models) that was "immune" to the problem.

--
Tarik