Keyboard F9 and F10 give prohibitory icon

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Oct 28 06:21:41 PST 2003

The Ambient Light Sensor system is not working for me now in Panther. I am getting the prohibitory icon when I press the F9 & F10 keys.

I've got the Keyboard Dimming checked in System Preferences and it has always worked in the past. But now the temporary level display comes up but with this additional icon at the bottom of it. The icon is only supposed to happen if the sensed ambient light is  not low enough for keyboard illumination to work.

I am finding this happening on a 17" 1 GHz and also on a new 17" 1.33 GHz.

Others?
--
Robert Ameeti

Misery is optional.