[OT] sendmail

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue Oct 28 15:47:09 PST 2003

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 03:34  am, Brian G. Laughlin wrote:

> On Monday, Oct 27, 2003, at 23:22 America/Caracas, Ben Cheng wrote:
>
>> Or you can just go here:
>>
>> http://www.kung-foo.tv/blog/archives/000652.php
>>
>> -Ben
>
> Woah!!, it's a lot easier than sendmail...

sendmail is the single most complicated program that I have had to
configure relative to what it does, so you have done yourself a massive
favour in that you will now be able to configure any software under the
sun ;)

sendmail is also notorious for needing patching often to prevent
security vulnerabilities, so a simpler program will probably help you
in the long run anyway.

There are people who love sendmail, and thats fine
too...interoperability is the great thing about UNIX!

imho there is no reason why sendmail should not run under 10.3

--
Tarik Bilgin