[Ti] Sierra Wireless Card And Service for OS X

Albert Wong wong.1 at rogers.com
Tue Oct 28 10:53:33 PST 2003

I am not at all proficient in the ways of UNIX, so, I opted to go for the
commercial version and loaded it in to my G4 667 PB  last night.

Finally!!! I can now use my AirCard 555 on the TELUS Mobility 1X network in
Canada with my Mac.

I am an employee of TELUS Mobility (one of 2 national CDMA 1X network
service providers in Canada) and have tried every possible angle internally,
and with Sierra Wireless, over the past year with the same frustrating,
resulting, answer from everyone of "we don't support the Mac platform."

After several hours of experience with this set-up last night, I can report
that it looks and works great. Obviously, Mac  users will not have access to
the slick "Aircard Watcher" status/log-in window, or, 1X voice capability,
as the driver permits DATA-only.

I am one very happy camper now. The software was easy to purchase, install
and configure. I was up and running within minutes. You do need to have
access to a Windows-based PC to activate and provision the AirCard first
though.

The great thing is that I now use the same AirCard interchangeably
throughout the day with my Mac, my iPaq 3850 PDA and my company-issue
Toshiba notebook too.

Regards,
Albert

P.S.- this is being sent over 1X from my AirCard and G4 PB.