[Ti] To Clean Install or Archive first, that is the dilemma

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 13:09:09 PST 2003

    Well YMMV, but from what I've seen, few to no folks seem to have had
problems from doing an archive and install, (at least problems they could
directly attribute to the install).

    For that matter, few seemed to have problems from just doing an update
(other than being thrown by the reboot after the first disk).

    You are at an advantage having a complete back up. What I did was clone
the Ti's hard disk (which I do regularly anyway), boot from the Panther disk
(I recommend this) and do an update. Went fine for me.

    Obviously it is easy for me to take risks with your computer, but these
are my observations, FWIW.

-- Roger

The moment of change is the only poem.
-Adrienne Rich