[Ti] Mixing Power Adapters

Kynan Shook kynan at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:25:00 PST 2003

You can use the 45W and 65W power adapters interchangeably.  If you're
using the 45W adapter on a 17" PowerBook or a 1 GHz+ 15" PowerBook,
your battery will recharge slower, and *in theory* it is possible that
the computer will continue to drain the battery while plugged in to a
45W power adapter.  I have not actually seen or heard of this, although
I haven't tried to make it happen either.  Maybe if I get really bored
sometime or something, I'll give it a try.  For the best performance,
it's probably best to place the 65W adapter where you'll be using the
new AlBook the most, but using it with the 45W adapter won't hurt it.