[Ti] To Clean Install or Archive first, that is the dilemma

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Thu Oct 30 06:24:29 PST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 8:39 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

>> By the way, I want to get rid of Classic. I have not run a single OS
>> 9 app in this laptop since the day I purchased it.
>
> While you may not use Classic apps, you will have problems not having
> a System Folder for Classic. Many installers still look for a System
> Folder and will error out if they don't find one. I just did a bunch
> of installs for Adobe GoLive, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc,
> and they all had issues with not having a System Folder.
>
> There are many apps that also ship with Classic installers that ONLY
> work if you have Classic installed even though they are installing OS
> X apps.

I seem to recall a 10.2.x point release update that failed when I
didn't have a System Folder once.  I would think that any future fixes
to Classic are generally going to be rolled into a mass update, and
that it would fail if it can't do part of it (in this case, the Classic
update).

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net