After Action Report (was "To Clean Install or Archive first, that is the dilemma")

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Thu Oct 30 06:42:28 PST 2003

I decided to do a plain upgrade and so far the only issues were the
corrupted preferences list for Printer Setup Utility and GPG Mail,
which has different versions for Jaguar and Panther. Fixing GPG Mail
took seconds but it took me about one hour to figure out what was wrong
with the printer setup was the preferences list. The trick of switching
to a clean user account for troubleshooting paid itself for good.

As for the upgrade itself, no lost data or preferences beyond the
printer issue. All my stuff, my purchased iTMS music, my iPhoto
library, everything is where it should be.

This is a Ti 867 with 1GB ram, it absolutely flies. The graphics are
very snappy, and the improvements on PDF rendering are obvious. Network
shares are funny, I only get a mounted volume for my Windows server
shares, not for the mac server. The mac server is totally transparent,
there is not even something obvious to eject the mount. O well, it
works.

I tried to play with Xcode but it was pretty overwhelming, so I am
going to wait until the weekend so I can play with it without
distraction. Exposé is already indispensable to me and I have only used
it for a few hours.

Pedro
-
http://pedrovera.com