SMTP MAC.COM SERVER NIGHTMARE

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 1 09:55:37 PDT 2003

Now that we all know how to get rid of unwanted SMTP servers, here is
another problem.
Every so often, the mail will not go through using my legitimate SMTP
server and will offer to send it via mac.com...........and I don't know
how to get it to stop. Why can't it just say, there was a problem, mail
will be put in outbox?

I resent enough that mac.com is built into the system so tightly, thus
seeming to want to force me into joining it at every twist and turn,
but I am also getting sick of being asked to use it when I never added
it to my  list of smtp or when I have deleted it a zillion times.

I think this mail.app has a ways to go before it is an acceptable mail
program as good as OE or Emailer was. But since my work is dependent
upon working with clients through email and then directly to what I am
doing, it would be nice to have a reliable one like Emailer was when I
am coding on this machine.

Otherwise it's back to Emailer on OS 9 and to heck with seeing PHP
render, I'll just have to keep Fetch open and do it that way.