[Ti] Airport will not turn ON

warwick teale warwick_teale at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 17:34:28 PDT 2003

Hmmm.... this used to happen regularly on our G4-1.42 dual - that the
A/P extreme card would stop.

Symptoms: The A/P 'icon' would does not contain greyed or black lines
(indicating that it is on). - additionally the "open internet connect"
showed was not TRANSMITTING. As the original poster stated that
'turning on and off' did nothing.

APX card reseating?? - na: we had the A/P card replaced as well (under
local dealers warranty) - and STILL the same issue..

My Fix:
=====

Here's what we did to get around this:
1) restarted the G4 tower - a dammed nuisance (as Steve states...).
2) perm fix--> changed the airport base station to use channel 13,
un-checked "robustness", set LOW DENSITY -  and applied all the latest
A/P maintenance, restarted APbase station and G4 - works great! [ the
only problem with this is that the Laptop Pc's I have here can't see
channel 13!! a bummer -- LINKSYS USB and also AVAYA PCMIA - any
ideas??)]

I dunno if that will fix your situation.

BTW this DOES NOT happen on our PB Aluminium 12 and my friends PB
Aluminium 17  (or this old Ti667) --->

fwiw