[Ti] Mail.app use or abuse?

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 07:30:25 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 02:56  PM, Michael Bigley wrote:

> This may be why you are getting SMTP timeouts; by checking all of your
> mail connections at the same time, if one or more mail servers has a
> delay, then it times out, perhaps causing a chain reaction... though
> this is just a WAG.
>
> The flexibility of Eudora's personalities is another feature that IMHO
> is a requirement for a power mail app.

After they fixed my wiring in the cellar, I got NO timeouts in Emailer
and all 90 domains were checked every 20 minutes or so, right in a row.
Not a blip.
Seems to be working better today and there was a reported problem at
Comcast so hopefully it was a "them not me" situation.

Ooops I spoke too soon! This one said "too frequent connections" which
means this will end up in the outbox for a while..........<sigh>