PC Mag Reviews 17" windows notebooks

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 12:34:01 PDT 2003

"After Apple introduced its innovative PowerBook G4 with a 17-inch
screen earlier this year (First Looks, May 27), it was only a matter of
time before other PC makers got hold of wide-screen panels. HP and
Toshiba have recently introduced such models. But unlike the large
though still portable 7-pound G4, these newer entries—at around 11
pounds—are best thought of as transportable machines to replace a
desktop PC."

I got a chance to look at one of these at Circuit City the other day (I
believe the toshiba) and it was gigantic, not to mention ugly.  it made
me feel very proud of my great looking and very portable 17" powerbook.

Benn