Fwd: [Ti] Everest Laptops

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Sat Sep 6 05:27:42 PDT 2003

> Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:39:26 -0500
> From: Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com>
>
> On 9/4/03 9:06 AM, "Loren Schooley" <loren at flash.net> wrote:
>
>> Poll: What is the lowest temperature you have ever been able to
>> operate a
>> Ti/Al at? I just can't imagine the HDD working at -32(f).
>
> It doesn't. But the team members warm up the laptops by putting them
> next to
> their bodies and even *boling* (!) the batteries for longer life!
>
> Shawn King

I don't know how low -32 F. is, but this winter I am moving to the
coldest place in Norway to start my residency, so we will see how much
it can handle..
Last winter it was -30 degrees Celsius there...

(for those with norwegians in their past family history; the place is
"Tynset")

Daniel Borge, M.D.
Norway
http://www.borgepalace.com