[Ti] TiBook in the air

Pete Zimowski petez at mac.com
Sat Sep 6 19:26:30 PDT 2003

Seriously....  I purchased one of the MadsonLine EmPower adaptors ( as
well as the small power supplies).  I have used it on a couple of long
flights (I am a pilot for Delta, and our 737-800s (First Class) and
767/777/MD11 BusinessElite seats all have EmPower), and it worked very
well.  I am not sure if they have the adaptors at Apple stores...

I did discover that the EmPower system is designed to sustain your
existing PowerBook charge, and will not charge your battery while
plugged in.

Neither you nor your battery will arrive refreshed, sadly.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily....

Come to think of it, you CAN buy a second battery at the Apple Store.

Or, rebook on a Delta 767-300 or 777, and help support my exorbitant
paycheck.

Asking to use the power outlet in the cockpit (which is 115V, but I
think 400 cycles, which someone else said wouldn't make a difference)
is out these days, unfortunately.

Whichever, have fun.

Pete