[Ti] Everest Laptops

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 23:37:08 PDT 2003

On 9/6/03 11:08 PM, "ursus at mac.com" <ursus at mac.com> wrote:

>> On 9/5/03 6:00 PM, "Hayes-Holgate, Shaun" <SHayesHolg at ea.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ...or freedom fries.
>>>
>> But fries originally are from Belgium...not France.  The only place they are
>> called French Fries are in the States.  Everywhere else they are know as
>> pomme frites.  Sort of goes to show ya....
>
> EVERYWHERE?  Ask for pomme frit in Japan.
> Perhaps according to Lorens logic of better cuss words in English, ask for
> "damn pomme frit"

Probably not in Japan. Sorry.  :)  And I am sure there are a few other
countries, the point being that majority of people and countries around the
world do not use the term "French fries" and that the French really had and
have nothing to do with "frites"  The origin is in Belgium.  Sort of like
French toast originating in the States, not France either.