[Ti] Which U.S. wireless phone companies support Mac?

Deborah Shadovitz Deb at Shadovitz.com
Sun Sep 7 12:56:37 PDT 2003

On 9/7/03 12:35pm, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> typed:

> On 9/7/03 11:45 AM, "Tom Klinkowstein" <klinkows at mediaa.com> wrote:
>> Anyone have a wireless phone company in the U.S. that supports Mac
>> (preferably OSX)  (for sending and receiving email, etc. via their
>> network)?
>
> I have had EXCELLENT luck with Verizon's express network.  I can sustain
> downloads at 10-15k/sec, and browsing is pretty speedy.  I have used it with
> my Samsung A530, but now I use my sierra wireless PC card, so my computer is
> always online, with no wires.

Hi Sam.
I searched the Samsung for that model phone to see how you would have been
connecting it to your Mac, but they don't seem to list that model. So, would
you mind elaborating on this? Did this phone have a data cable you used to
connect your Mac? Also, when you used this, was the call to the web on your
regular air time?

Also I was curious about the use and cost of the Sierra card and Verizon, so
I'll share 2 good links I found on this:
<http://www.funkyfresh.com/toys/review_aircard_555_verizon_express_network.h
tml>
<http://www.computerbits.com/archive/2003/0800/verizonreview.html>

Thanks in advance.