[Ti] Which U.S. wireless phone companies support Mac?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sun Sep 7 13:16:02 PDT 2003

On 9/7/03 1:56 PM, "Deborah Shadovitz" <Deb at Shadovitz.com> wrote:

> I searched the Samsung for that model phone to see how you would have been
> connecting it to your Mac, but they don't seem to list that model. So, would
> you mind elaborating on this? Did this phone have a data cable you used to
> connect your Mac? Also, when you used this, was the call to the web on your
> regular air time?

I got a data cable for the Samsung SCH-A310 (which works with the SCH-A530)
from Radio Shack ($25), then used drivers from this list:
<http://www.verizonwireless.com/ics/plsql/equipment.phone_popup?p_mkt_code=C
ommNet-NM&p_name=Samsung%20SCH-A530>

> Also I was curious about the use and cost of the Sierra card and Verizon, so
> I'll share 2 good links I found on this:
> <http://www.funkyfresh.com/toys/review_aircard_555_verizon_express_network.h
> tml>
> <http://www.computerbits.com/archive/2003/0800/verizonreview.html>

The sierra card was a bit of a trick to get working, but it does, in fact
work (although you DO have to activate the card in a PC laptop).  If anyone
wants more info on getting this card to work, let me know.

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook