[Ti] getting a new Powerbook

Alexandre Kapellos mac.k at a2k.ch
Sat Sep 13 08:23:48 PDT 2003

Le Samedi, 13 sep 2003, à 14:45 Europe/Zurich, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley a
écrit :

> I am now starting the process to get a replacement 15.2" Powerbook, to
> replace my stolen one.
>
> There is no stock in Switzerland, and a delivery time of 7 to 8 weeks !
>
> Not even MacMall/CA, where I bought the original Ti-500, have any in
> stock, for at least a week.
>
> I have looked at many websites in the USA, but no-one seems to have
> them in stock.
> Where are they all going?
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a (1GHz) 15.2" G4 Powerbook (at a
> good price)?
> MacMall have good offers (512Mb RAM "free", Epson printer free, free
> shipping, etc) and a reasonable price ($2494) but as I say, none in
> stock, and an uncertain availability.
>
> Any ideas would be welcome.

Trevor,
Have you tried any local stores here in Lausanne and Geneva? Manor?
Mémoire Vive and MacS in Lausanne and MacPassion in Fribourg?

The out of stock situation would seem to mean new announcements on
Tuesday... I would wait until then!

Regards,
Alexandre