[Ti] Apple vs. Apple - I guess I was right!

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 14 08:28:07 PDT 2003

Steve Wozniak paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Unless Apple buys Apple...

That would be interesting. If Apple Computer used a label to set up
another, purer, version of mp3.com, they'd be onto something.

The whole brouhaha over 'piracy' is really the RIAA agenda to
restrict distribution, globally. Apple has, or can get, the servers
to distribute 'indie', and unsigned bands, for free to some, and
maybe a really inexpensive sliding scale for other touring acts.

Tie-ins (marketing clothing for bands, etc) could be profitable and
tremendous goodwill. That, and the availability of the iTunes store
to the Windoze-world, and who knows? Maybe take a run at the
PC-centric TechTV?

If I was running Apple I'd be chatting with Edgar Bronfman and Bill
Joy, and a few others, about taking it to the next level.

Too much espresso, back to (home) work.  :=)

~flipper

P.S. Doesn't Michael Jackson still own the Beatles catalog (most of
it), and Buddy Holly, etc? Jackson just got turned down for a
mortgage in Fla, bankruptcy could be right around the corner. Maybe
that's what's prompting Apple Records to try to get some capital...