[Ti] my Powerbook Serial Number & ID

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley HUTLEY at geneva-link.ch
Tue Sep 16 10:46:34 PDT 2003

Kynan - thank you very much for this clear and detailed explanation
of the Powerbook SN.

Being an in-depth knowledgeable person about Powerbooks, I thought
that you might be one of the best people to answer this question:

is there any other "ID" of a Powerbook that could be picked up over
the internet?

I know that there is commercial software that "transmits" something
over the internet.
But is there (was there) an IP address that is 'hardwired' in to a Powerbook?

I am sure that you understand that my question is to find out if
there is any way I can track my stolen Powerbook, once someone
connects it to the net?  Or am I just dreaming ....????

regards,  Trevor