[Ti] Apple wireless keyboard

Greg Markle MarkleG at kleerdex.com
Tue Sep 16 11:10:03 PDT 2003

I understand where you're coming from on this (they can have my wireless mouse when they pry it from cold, dead fingers) but I suspect you're going to need to upgrade to a separate wireless mouse.  The culprit as far as power requirements are concerned in this case is the USB hardware itself.  My wireless scroll mouse only uses a single AA battery but driving a USB mouse would require powering the mouse electronics, USB hardware and generating enough current to overcome the resistance and loss in the connections and wiring involved...it may not seem like a lot but when you're dealing with battery life issues everything is an impediment!

I'm surprised that this wasn't presented as a wireless combo with a mouse and keyboard...it strikes me as a bit counter-intuitive (an very non-Apple) to think that users would want a wireless keyboard but stick with a wired mouse.

Gregory Markle, Color Technician
Kleerdex Company - http://www.kydex.com/