Question: How do I copy [| export | import] the data|plist that makes up the "apple/location" | the system preferences/network/locations?

warwick teale warwick_teale at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 02:08:22 PDT 2003

Guys, just bought a new PBAL15  and moving existing system and goodies
from old Ti667 to new PBAL15......

Question: How do I copy | export | import the data that makes up the
"apple/location" and the system preferences/network/locations?

Like most of us with OB's we ravel and many NETWORK PREFERENCES.... so
wold someone email the details on how to locate the data file for this?

I have found
~/library/prefrences/byhost/com.apple.PrefPane.Network.xxxxxxxxxx.plist
where xxxxxxxxxxx represent the MAC for en0. As a last resort I
unsucessfully tried to use this from the older system after a rename to
by new PBAL15's en0.. BUT .. no luck.

I cannot see any EXPORT or IMPORT function for the "LOCATIONS" function.

Any ideas?

tia
hk