[Ti] New 15"s have HORRIBLE battery life (So does my 17")

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 04:35:41 PDT 2003

>On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 11:56  AM, Peter Krug wrote:
>>Well I guess I haven't mentioned it here, but my LunchTrayDeluxe
>>has pretty crappy battery life, too.  I get no more than 3 hours
>>(max) and routinely get between 2 and 2.5 hours.  Throw in Airport
>>and it gets worse - AE drops the battery on the order of 1% every
>>minute or so.  And yes, I lower my screen brightness and set the
>>Energy Saver prefs to save juice.  I always chalked it up to the
>>huge 17-inch screen drawing so much power.
>
>That's a shame!  I usually have no problems getting over 3 hours on
>my 17", with airport on. screen fairly dimmed and performance down.
>Using just a few apps (just typing or chatting or something) I can
>get about 4.

Here's a specific - I woke up this morning, my sleeping PB woke up
with 93% charge.  I've been on airport reading mail and hitting the
occasional website for the last 1 hour and 15 minutes.  I'm down to
48% charge.  I'm in the dark, so my screen brightness is way down
(but the keyboard brightness is on, 4 dots up).  In this case, it's
about 1.5 minutes per percent charge (75 minutes/45% drop).  In the
time it took me to write this, my battery is down to 45% charge and
my online time is 80 minutes.  Maybe I've got a flakey battery?  Or
is this normal?

Thanks,

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6 on Mac OS X 10.2.6