AirPort range on the new 15"?

Phillip McGree phil at phil.net.au
Sun Sep 21 22:24:32 PDT 2003

Hiya,

A few months ago I sold a secondhand PowerBook G4/800 to a regular client of mine who had previously been using a PowerBook G3/400 Pismo.

Hermann lives in a house behind his shop.  In the shop is an AirPort Base Station, the range of which would just barely extend into the house.

Herman used to have a PowerBook G3/400 Pismo, which would receive AirPort signals fine.  A few months ago he bought a used PowerBook G4/800 from me, but that PowerBook isn't picking up the AirPort Base.  This is causing trouble.

So, now I need to come up with a solution for him that will ensure that whatever PowerBook he has will have AirPort coverage in the house.

One option would be to get him onto one of the new model 15" PowerBooks.  I am assuming with the new 15" models that they have the AirPort antenna built into the screen, like with the 12" and 17" models.  Is that correct?

The second option would be some sort of extender antenna.  He has one of the first model graphite Base Stations.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Phil

.

Sent from the Apple PowerBook G4 of:
Phillip McGree                                     	Web: 	http://www.phil.net.au
Perth, Western Australia			http://www.perthcomedy.com
Mobile Phone: 0418 922 500
Macs for sale - new and secondhand		http://www.themacshack.com.au

Disclaimer:
This transmission is intended for people that have functioning eyesight and literacy.  If you have no eyesight, or can't read, please disregard this email.  Thank you.