[Ti] AirPort range on the new 15"?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sun Sep 21 23:56:05 PDT 2003

FYitmaybeW:
With a double-ethernet-port snow b/s I did some fooling
around with recently, signal seemed to be strongest to
the sides as one faces the little white indicator lights.
I was setting up an early slot load iMac with an airport
card, checking things with a 12" iceBook, and signal
strength indicator bars were like 10-15% longer with
the side of the b/s pointed down the hallway toward
the iMac compared to the front of the b/s pointed
that way, both with and without an aluminum foil
enclosure I have over the b/s (in a telecomms closet)
to reduce antenna signal to other directions.  I
don't know if the graphite b/s is similar, but it may
be worth a quick try.