[Ti] Which to Buy?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Sep 22 00:13:23 PDT 2003

I took a quick look at the 3 alBooks recently at an Apple
Store, side by side on a solid corian display surface.
Picking each up by its near left corner (ie left of the
trackpad) to compare heft and 1-hand portability with
screen open.  The heft and torque was as you'd expect
for the 3 sizes.  I was also interested in heat:  the
12" was noticeably warm tho not hot, the 15" lukewarm
above ambient temperature, the 17" was at ambient temp.
All had been running at least the 30 minutes I'd been
there, none doing anything specially intensive as far as
I know.  (I have bought a 15", for a user for whom the
mentioned factors are important and who found the 14"
iceBook preferable to the 12" iceBook.  I may buy a
12" for myself, but I like my 12" translucent plastic
iceBook so much I look for reasons not to--so far,
the heat is the main question (other than the cost,
of course, and raw bootability in OS9 which I support).)