[Ti] G5 PowerBooks coming late 2004

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 16:16:42 PDT 2003

Tarik paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 09:52  pm, Zawadzki, Dan wrote:
>
>>Wouldn't 3,000 million be 3 billion?
>
>3 (american) billion or 0.003 (british) billion.
>
>Tarik

I think they're talking about the state of the
art chip fab plant in Fishkill, NY, and yeah, it
was actually $3.5 Billion US that went into its
construction (R&D being a goodly chunk of that).
IBM is not in the habit of screwing around where
R&D is concerned. Neither is Apple.

In British pounds (sterling) 3.5 billion US is approximately £1,813,455,000

3.5 Billion US is quite easy to visualize:

Just imagine a pile of 100 dollar bills, with
10,000 bills in each pile, in a 'grid' made up of
35 rows of 100 piles each.

~flipper