[Ti] Fwd: [G4] DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Sep 24 08:05:11 PDT 2003

> Just to add another data point - I'm running 10.2.8 without any
> problems, It seems some people have had problems with the Ethernet
> driver in 10.2.8 but this is easily fixed by restoring the driver from
> 10.2.7 (I backed up my Ethernet driver before applying the 10.2.8
> update just in case, but as it happens I didn't need it.)

Combo updated fine for me - long story:

After updating (not through SW Update), some icons on the desktop lost
their icons (jpg files, just a blank white sheet), and the Excel icons
got a black outline.

After an uneventful Finder relaunch (photoshop ate up wayyyy too much
disk space), my icons were back to normal...

crossed fingers so far...