[Ti] [OT] Mac Workshops

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 10:53:08 PDT 2003

Shawn King paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>On 9/25/03 11:07 AM, "Shahara9 at aol.com" <Shahara9 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>>  i received a flyer for a CompuMaster workshop (troubleshooting and
>>  maintaining the Mac) its a 2 day workshop for $399, and sounds really
>>  interesting...but,
>>  its out of town and during the week, so i'd have to take off work...anyone
>>  ever take these classes?  Also, i am still on OS 9 (awaiting the good Pather
>>  powerbooks next spring to switch) will i know what they are talking about?
>
>I'd say save your money until then unless you *really* feel you need the
>training.
>
>Shawn King

I agree 100%. Even the most, (seemingly), complex parts of the Mac
Operating System, and applications,  have extensive tutorials for
beginners, intermediate, and advanced users, at no charge.

Save the money and buy the 3-year AppleCare (with phone support)
Warranty, and ask questions here on this list or other lists that we
can all recommend you to. Between sites like
www.apple.com/applescript  (as one of many examples) and the O'Reilly
OS X tutorials, and books (one of which is all you *might* need,
plenty of free or very inexpensive guidance is available.

~flipper