[Ti] 802.11g on a 400Mhz TiBook

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 11:52:25 PDT 2003

> On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 09:45  AM, Dave Friesen wrote:
>
>>> I have a 400 Mhz TiBook and I just found out that it won't allow an
>>> Airport
>>> Extreme Card. I guess there must be other solutions to achieve an 11g
>>> connection (to an Airport Extrem Base station). Any good or bad
>>> experiences
>>> with products would be helpful. (a link to any previous discussions
>>> in this
>>> group will do just fine, because I suspect that I'm not the first one
>>> with
>>> this question) Thank you for your time,
>
> What do you mean won't allow?? I hope this is not true of the 500 :-(

No pre 17" PowerBooks can take a 'G' card. The card is physically much
different and there is a good reason for this. The Old AirPort card bus is
simply not fast enough for 'G' speeds.

If 'G' is really that important to you in a PowerBook, I think a new
PowerBook is the best and most satisfying solution.