[Ti] Apple defends new PowerBooks' lack of L3 cache

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Thu Sep 25 17:39:36 PDT 2003

I guess the recent decision to put Applecare on the not-so-old and
venerable Ti 667 DVI with the 1 MB L3 cache wasn't such a bad idea
after all, since I do a lot of video. I'd like to see a head-to-head
with comparable CPU's (1 GHz machines?) with and without the L3
cache. Doing cache intensive work with video etc.

As I bought an external 4X DVD burner earlier, I guess I'll wait for
the "Next Big Thing." G5 portables in 2004.

Do like the ambient keyboard lighting though. Long overdue. But is it
only available on the full meal deal 15" with the Superdrive? Or did
I misread their spec sheets?

Rod