[Ti] 10.2.8 problems!

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Fri Sep 26 07:51:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Ray M wrote:

> on 9/26/03 15:33, PowerBook G4 Titanium List at
> Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>
> > On donderdag, sep 25, 2003, at 08:43 Europe/Amsterdam, Ray M wrote:
> >

> >> Gigabit Ethernet 667 running 10.2.8
> > Mine too, with the infrared port
> >

> >> * Problems in classic mode:
> >> 1 - when 10.2.8 asked me to update classic mode all my extensions
> >> crashed
> >> (luckily I had them backed up)
> >> 2- classic doesn't recognize anymore the dongle in the USB (quark).
> >>
> >> * Drop down of battery power from 1h32 min to 26 min
> > So I'm not the only one experiencing a tremendously lower battery time.
> > I timed it with my watch, for I suspected a faulty battery time
> > calculation, and it was roughly half of what I expected it to be.
> > Recharging took over two hours and it seemed stuck at 60%. When I came
> > home after traveling for 75 minutes, I found the battery to be fully
> > charged. Strange, strange, strange...
> >
> > Did you run the combo-update like me?
> Well I tried to load the combo-update but It seems that I used the normal
> update though it was 40 megs.
> My battery is displaying full charge at 86% and when it reaches 9% the
> computer goes on sleep mode! the battery takes almost 3 hours to charge! and
> last only for +- 20 min!
>
> When I run classic mode I 'm, unable to connect to the internet...unable to
> scan a document under osx and the computer becomes very slow!
>
> ray
> >
> > Arjan
> >

> > -- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
> > Pratchett)

On my G3 300 MT 10.2.8 works just fine.

Fortunately, I was not fast enough to update it on my Ti G4s (800MHz and 1
GHz) powerbooks.

Anyone have ANY idea why this update is so messed up? Is this some kind of
sabotage? I just can't believe that a simple testing of it at Apple would
not have revealed all the multitude of woes that are being reported by so
MANY users both here and on mac-l.

Best,

Henry