[Ti] Locations in Apple Menu Was:Nasty habits

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Sep 28 10:06:04 PDT 2003

> one of the best features of OS X for Tibook users. Only IBM users
> (afaik)  get anything vaguely similar in the PC notebook world, and
> their software is beta.
>
> Make multiple locations for your "Network Prefs Pane" and you'll see
> them appear. I have around 10 or so -- absolutely invaluable.

Yes - indubitably.

I used to have a few more than 10, but then my prefs got trashed (ran
out of space on my HD, so OSX decided those prefs could go!), and I am
slowly building them up again. My favorite one (I made) is "Low Power"
- I basically removed all the interfaces from the network pane, in the
vague hope that it will turn off power to my various ports (modem,
ethernet, ir). I use this "location" when I am on battery power. I
haven't tested the system to see if this aids it in power saving.