[Ti] cannot change network sharing settings

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 11:04:19 PDT 2003

Lisbeth Zachs paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>fredagen den 19 september 2003 kl 18.55 skrev b:
>
>>System Preferences>Internet & Network>Remote Login
>------------
>Once again I seem to have nothing like Flippers preferences in my
>Swedish system. I running OS 10.2.6. Can my differences have
>anything to do with me not having Rendevous? Or any other
>suggestions for these kind of differences.

Under the 'blue' Apple menu, on the far left of the Menu. You will
see, "About this Mac" etc...down three or four lines from the top:
System preferences, Dock, Locations..

My Swedish is non-existent, but there are a couple of possibilities
for "Location": platsen,  lokalisering, lage, sparande, or maybe
forlaggning, anlaggande

If you find it, almost certainly on the Apple menu, you will see the
default set to 'Automatic' (in Swedish), with a choice of Network
Preferences..." also. select Network preferences, set up a new
account, include only the modem, or cable, Airport, that you will use
on the account, and name it. It will then also appear in "Locations".

You can also find it, at the top of the page in System preferences-->
"Network". Select network and there is a drop-down 'button that says
Location. it is right at the top of the network window. Select
'New..." and there you are. So, two ways to find it. Hope that helps.

~flipper