[Ti] Disabling DVD region coding

Joao Carlos de Pinho jogme at terra.com.br
Mon Sep 29 03:57:22 PDT 2003

Em  9/28/03 23:15, Gary Mark escreveu:

> I have a TiBook 400 running 10.1.5.  Is there a hack to disable DVD
> region coding for my PowerBook?  I bought some DVDs overseas, and I'd
> like to see them.

You'll need to apply a firmware patch in the DVD drive and then use a
utility that resets the counter of allowed region changes.

The firmware update is dangerous and can damage your drive. Try at your own
risk.

You can get basic instructions about all the process here:

http://www.opuscc.com/support/dvd/1.shtml

The drive verifier and the region changer can be downloaded here:

http://www.opuscc.com/download/toolkit.shtml

And the firmware patches are here:

http://www.opuscc.com/download/powerbook.shtml

Read all instructions carefully to avoid damaging your DVD drive.

Hope it helps.

João Carlos de Pinho