pcmcia card causes crashes - any suggestions?

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Mon Sep 29 09:11:35 PDT 2003

Hello all,
A couple months ago I got a Sandisk pcmcia adapter card, so I can
download photos into my Ti (400MHz) without having to carry around my
camera (Canon) and a cable, or a USB card reader.
Problem is, when I insert this adapter card (with my CompactFlash
card in in) into the pcmcia slot at the side of my Titanium, the card
doesn't show up on my desktop.  I do see an icon for it in the bar at
the top of my screen, but when I try to open it from here, I always
get the kind of crash that causes the screen to darken slightly, with
a message in a few different languages telling me to shut off the
power button.  When I do, and then start up again, there's the
photo-card icon on my screen - I can now download the photos into
iPhoto.
I've gone back to the store where I bought the adapter from, and they
said it might be the adapter, so they gave me a new one.  But I'm
getting the same problem.

Is this a known issue for Titanium users?  Do I need some software,
or drivers, or something else?

Any advice would be most appreciated.
Malcolm