How do I eject a CD from my PB G4 12"?

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:46:33 PDT 2003

On 9/30/03 6:56 AM, the Defendant "PowerBook G4 Titanium List"
<Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com> said:

Sadly, restarting with the mouse button didn't do it. The apple-option-f
firmware eject cd didn't work. I had already tried ejecting from iTunes and
Toast earlier in the day. That didn't work.

It appears to be physically stuck. It was a brand new store-bought DVD. I
did wish that the slot-loaders have a little button for a paperclip
mechanism. I remembered my Ti G4 400 Mhz had it. I was just surprised to
find no such hidden button for the combo drive in my 12"er.

Everytime I eject, the DVD stays inside and then it will spin back up to
re-mount on the desktop.

This brand new DVD may have been warping. It did sound unbalanced when it
first started up. Maybe if I unscrew the screws on the sides of the PB, I
can open it up?

*sigh* I'll probably turn in my 12"er and resort to my backup Ti G4 400
Mhz...

> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:29:22 +1000
> Subject: [Ti] How do I eject a CD from my PB G4 12"?

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET