[Ti] 10.2.8

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Mon Sep 29 18:40:13 PDT 2003

>When did you install this? This update was PULLED for major problems.
>There is something to be said for not installing an update the
>moment it appears....
>I have never been sorry I use this caution..

Let's not get hysterical about this - the 10.2.8 update was fine for
the majority of early adopters - there was a minor problem with
Ethernet on some machines (easily remedied) and a couple of
incompatibilities with third party peripherals, but nothing "major"
that I'm aware of. I've been using 10.2.8 since it came out for 8 to
10 hours a day without any problems (17 inch Al PB).

Paul