[Ti] 10.2.8

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 29 23:56:37 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 05:04  AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium
List wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:26:49 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Ti] 10.2.8
> From: cbirds <cbirds at earthlink.net>
>

> On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 08:17  PM, Tom Seid wrote:
>
>> I actually had my I- apps behave this way upon a reinstall of 10.2.6.
>> So I
>> cannot say that it has to do with the 10.2.8 update solely.
>
> OK, I don't know what would have made this happen, unless you logged in
> on the wrong account..

So far I have followed a personal procedure before each update and
(luck?!) never got problems:

I run Diskwarrior and repair privileges *before* any Update. I only use
COMBO updater, after the update I repair privileges again.

I have a Ti 667MHz and apparently the 10.2.8 main problem appears with
dual G4 desktops. Other models (laptops as well) show minor glitches
that - honestly - I have seen all the time with people using the
incremental update.
I believe the incremental would work flawlessly with an untouched
system, with no third party add-ons and with all system files that will
not undergo any change not modified and/or *corrupted* in any way. The
COMBO is a sort of force-update that - my experience - have kept so far
all minor glitches away.

10.2.8 here alive and kicking.

Cheers

	Massimo