[Ti] How do I eject a CD from my PB G4 12"?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 07:23:04 PDT 2003

Wilson Ng typed this message on 9/29/03 11:29 PM:

> Sorry Victor, thankfully no money was placed on this bet. I tried poking
> around on the right side then the left side. No pinhole.
>
> I miss the pinhole..... ***sigh***

I had this happen to me and enjoyed a full hour session with the folks at
Applecare.

It sounds as if you have the same type of problem that I did. The CD you
have in there has a slightly thicker edge then normal and it is bouncing
against the front curtain and going back in again. Perhaps you can hear the
servo mechanism attempt to eject it, then you hear a thump and then the
mechanism grabs the CD back in again.

What Apple had me do is take a business card and stick it in the slot at a
45° angle upwards and push. Then do an eject. Keep moving the card around
until you get the proper opening in the dust cover. It should allow the CD
to squirt through.

If this doesn't work, some people have found that pushing against the case
above the slot at various points and ejecting has worked.

Other than this, you need to take it to an Apple service centre where they
will take the bottom cover off, take out the drive and extract the CD
manually.

jg