[Ti] FireWire Port Problem

Dave Friesen davefriesen at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 20:35:08 PDT 2003

While the actual cause is still up for debate the solution I sent to this
list is a special cable from FW Depot which is a 6 pin cable which omits the
two power wires. It prevents any power feedback but also prevents a FW bus
powered device. Which apparently is ok as the port issue (hopefully) is only
causes by FW devices that are externally powered.