[Ti] 10.2.8

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 30 23:30:47 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 01:49  AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:36:13 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Ti] 10.2.8
> From: John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com>
>
> Henry Kalir typed this message on 9/30/03 2:32 PM:
>
>> I think Apple should make amends to the folks who had installed it
>> and got
>> burnt - like sending them a CD with an operational OS.
>>
>> It's a sad day for all of us when something like that happens.
>
> I have to admit I am rather puzzled by this as well. Obviously Apple
> did not
> do its homework on this one.
>
> jg

Indeed but is not that true that Apple has a compatibility Lab with
most models and configurations available? I would expect that Apple
does extensive tests on those machines before releasing. Hence my
question: how problems like the ones complained about - especially in
Apple Discussions - do get unnoticed?
I tend to believe they did not appear on Apple test machine so what is
making an OS update a failure for a sufficiently large spectrum of
machines for Apple to pull it out? (homework not entirely done?!)

Massimo