What shall we do with a Ti with a damaged display?

Daniel Rubinstein shardaeek at fmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 02:05:46 PST 2004

Hello group,

The display on my Ti 550 is damaged. Few minutes after switching it on
it starts to display  waves and zig-zags across the screen which make
it impossible to work on it. But as in all other respects the Ti works
fine, for the last year I had an external monitor and a keyboard
plugged in. My question is: Did anyone else have to convert their Ti to
a desktop machine? are there any interesting design solutions to doing
that? And finally is is feasible to replace the screen, or it's not
worth the bother?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel Rubinstien