[Ti] TechTool Pro 4: eDrive. Won't install!

Terence Cozad tcozad at covad.net
Fri Apr 2 16:46:40 PST 2004

That definitely sounds like a physical problem. Any chance that the hard
drive fails to spin up at times or physically just stops? A real puzzler but
I would still reformat the drive and copy stuff back. Wish I knew what that
error 14 was.
Any one seen the error 14?

On 4/2/04 4:48 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> Terence Cozad typed this message on 4/1/04 1:04 PM:
>
>> John;
>> Keep in mind that this will put back any system corruption you might have. I
>> would do a clean install of the OS and only copy back your data files. That
>> way you will have eliminated any possible source of corruption. It is
>> entirely possible the operating system or preferece files became corrupted.
>> Tech Tool does not test for these problems, nor does Apple's Disk Utility.
>> Good luck. Let us know.
>
> The only problem I have with what you say is that I have just done a Carbon
> Copy clone to a backup drive. I then did an eDrive installation on this
> drive and everything went just fine. So my conclusion has to be that there
> is some crazy thing that has happened in the hardware or firmware of my
> internal drive that causes this error to occur. I can create the eDrive one
> way (internal to external) but not the other way (external to internal) even
> though both drives have identical files.
>
> Augh! This is driving me crazy!
>
> jg

> Need help from a real person? Try.
>
> ----------

> Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
> Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

Ride the wave of the future!
Set your future for you and your family!

Ask me for details on how to make a significant and permanent income, part
time. Quixtar is now the fifth busiest site on the Internet and making a
profit!

<http://www.gboalliance.com/>
<http://www.quixtar.com>

Terence Cozad, Psy.D.